From the outset, Coors Light wanted to shine a light on the “climb” of emerging music artists and provide a larger platform for them to share their music with the world. Wanting something more than an endorsement from a big music celebrity, Coors Light celebrates the rich tapestry of our nation’s diverse cultures by elevating the local music that represents communities across the US.
- Increase engagement with highly acculturated millennial audiences in 10 key markets across the US
- Build a nationally reaching program around emerging local artists
- Integrate a music program into the brand’s existing “My Climb” campaign
- Subtle variations in cultural identities affect individual music taste. For example – in Dallas, Hispanic millennials respond well to Urban Latin music. The same audience in New York listens to Bachata
- The MAX Platform tracks the social footprint and career activity of 2.4 million artists and was able to identify local emerging artists in the genres that would resonate best with the unique audience profile in each market
To gain a deeper understanding of the diverse music tastes enjoyed by its target audiences, Coors Light turned to the MAX Platform, which utilizes first-party data to map the complex relationship between personal identity and tastes in music. “My Climb. My Music.” has become the brand’s official national music program, already featuring new music from 26 emerging artists in 10 key markets, promoting their music through radio, streaming, social posts, and documentary-style videos about how their “climb” has defined them as artists.
The result has been more than an audience gaining a greater affinity for Coors Light; it has furthered the careers of artists – promoting their music to mainstream audiences, increasing ticket sales to shows, creating new opportunities, and giving artists who don’t necessarily have the backing of a major record label access to the resources needed to grow their passionate fan bases. More than creatively marketing their brand – Coors Light is contributing to a larger cause and changing the advertising and music landscapes to benefit everyone involved.
MAX has delivered a 15.64% engagement rate with nearly 2.5 million social likes, comments, shares, retweets, website clicks, video views, etc.
MAX creates artist-forward video content for Coors Light that has a high view rate and view durations of nearly 2 minutes, eclipsing industry standards.
MAX continues to identify emerging artists that bring the brand story to life and has already elevated the careers of 26 artists in 10 key markets.
Coors Light Presents: "Besame"
Coors Light Presents: "Woah"